Orange County (NC) Tradescraft Collaborative Mission Statement
Purpose: The purpose of this collaborative, coordinated by The Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro, is to compile an inventory of agencies participating in the workforce development pipeline available to Orange County (NC) and assess the feasibility of a Tradescraft Center.
- Develop list of potential community pipelines for Tradescraft Training Center
- Secondary School Systems.
- Community agencies (Empowerment Inc., Club Nova, Refugee Partners, etc.).
- Large Institutions (UNC-Chapel Hill current work force, Large contractors, etc.).
- Specialized populations (Women, prison release, retired, etc.).
- List of agencies who want to or are conducting training within the County.
- Secondary Schools.
- Community Colleges (Durham Tech, Central Carolina Community College).
- Specialized programs (Hope Renovations, El Centro).
- Large Institutions (UNC-Chapel Hill, Large Contractors).
- List of Placement Services.
- Secondary Schools.
- County services.
- State Services.
- Community Colleges.
- Community agencies.
- List of potential sponsors for apprenticeship programs.
- List of best practice programs in Tradescraft Training Programs.
- List of potential sites in orange county to locate a Tradescraft Training program.
- Estimate Total Cost to develop a Tradescraft Training Center.
- Outline a potential administrative structure to manage a center and to coordinate all the elements in the pipeline flow.
- Conduct two or three meetings presenting findings to Tradescraft Training Study Group.
- Provide a written report compiling all findings.
Participants: The Chamber will work in close collaboration with the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce; Durham Technical Community College; the Home Builders Association of Durham, Orange, and Chatham Counties; NC Works Career Center of Orange County, and the Regional Partnership Workforce Development Board, as well as all organizations that participated in the March 2019 discussion (Retrieved from: https://www.orangecountync.gov/DocumentCenter/View/7432/Amendment-Attachment-A-2TradesCraft_Working_Group).
Background: This scope of this project is originally outlined in the Orange County (NC) Board of County Commissioners budget passed June 2019. (Retrieved from: https://www.orangecountync.gov/2147/Proposed-Budget-Amendments)